Kangen Water® Recipes
Homemade Kangen Water® Vegetable Broth
- 3 - 4 lbs Vegetables (celery, carrots, onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, turnips, potatoes, mushrooms, etc)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 8 cups Kangen Water® (pH 9.5)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large pot.
Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.
Strain the vegetables with a colander over a bowl or pot, and remove bay leaves. You can also roast the vegetables before making the broth for a more robust flavor.
Kangen Water® Sauce and Salad Dressing1
- Papaya seeds of 1/2 papaya
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup leafy greens, such as collards or mizuna (the leftover tips and stems)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5-6 green onions (the leftover root and tips)
- Parsley (the leftover tips and stems)
- Cilantro (the leftover tips and stems)
- Fresh juice and seeds of 3 - 4 lemons (use the rind for brewing tea)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Kangen Water® (pH 9.5)
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut water
- 1 avocado
Put the papaya seeds in the bottom of your blender.
Soak and rinse the leafy greens, garlic, onions, parsley, cilantro and thyme (for more information see Kangen Cooking. Strain before adding to the blender.
Add lemon juice (with seeds) and sea salt to the blender.
Measure the sesame oil and olive oil in separate container, then pour into the blender.
SLOWLY pour in the Kangen Water® so it will have an emulsifying effect.
Add the fresh coconut milk and avocado.
Blend on low speed.
Store your dressing in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Enjoy on a wide variety of foods - from traditional salads to steamed vegetables or fish! This dressing acts as a delicious and versatile sauce.
Kangen Water® Seafood Stock2
- 8 cups Kangen Water®
- All the shrimp tails, shells, and fish ends you have left over!
- 2-3 lbs vegetables (carrots, onion, celery)
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Fill a large pot with Kangen Water®.
Add all your shrimp tails, shells, and fish ends.
Simmer for 45 minutes (don't boil!).
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 1 hour.
Strain in a sturdy colander or sieve.
Kangen Water® Steamed Salmon and Potatoes
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 lemon rind (leftover from the Kangen Water® Sauce recipe)
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skinned
- Kangen Water® Sauce, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (see above)
Set up a 2-layer bamboo steamer in a wok and add enough Kangen Water® or homemade broth to reach the bottom rim. Add the lemon rind to the water, then simmer.
Line the bottom layer of the steamer with lettuce leaves, and put in the potatoes. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
Line the top layer with parchment paper, and place the salmon inside. Season with sea salt and pepper and cook until the salmon is opaque, about 7 minutes.
Put the potatoes in a bowl and mash, adding salt, pepper, butter, or olive oil to taste.
Remove the fish and top with Kangen Water® Sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
1Chef Pascal's DVD "Open the Door to Evolution" Enagic® Shop
2Adapted from dishinanddishes.com